The top two gold miners burned a record amount of fuel to produce gold in 2015. Even though Barrick and Newmont burned less overall fuel than their operations did in 2013, their consumption per ounce of gold produced was the highest ever. Read More »
“Nativism … xenophobia or worse” is behind the triumph of Brexit and the support for Donald Trump, railed President Barack Obama in Ottawa.
Obama believes that resistance to transformational change in the character and identity of countries of the West, from immigration, can only be the product of sick minds or sick hearts. Read More »
A very recently published Harvard study on racial bias in police use of force finds that, as the mainstream narrative proffers, black men and women are treated differently in the hands of law enforcement. However, in what the (African-American) author of the study calls “the most surprising result of my career,” when it comes to the most lethal form of force – police shootings – the study finds no racial bias, contradicting the mental image of police shootings that many Americans hold.
As The NY Times reports, the study did not say whether the most egregious examples — the kind of killings at the heart of the nation’s debate on police shootings — are free of racial bias. Instead, it examined a much larger pool of shootings, including nonfatal ones. It focused on what happens when police encounters occur, not how often they happen. (There’s a disproportionate number of tense interactions among blacks and the police when shootings could occur, and thus a disproportionate outcome for blacks.) Racial differences in how often police-civilian interactions occur have been shown reflect greater structural problems in society. Read More »
It is worth while for those who disdain all human things for money, and who suppose that there is no room either for great honor or virtue, except where wealth is found, to listen to his story.
Most people think that science and math and engineering are found everywhere, like soccer, but actually, they are regional practices, more like hurling or tossing the caber. In the map, countries are resized according to the number of scientific papers they produce. Population size plays a role, but average productivity matters more. Note that Singapore, with a population of 5 million, looks bigger than Indonesia, with 240 million people. Read More »
As far as average IQ scores go, this is what the world looks like. But there are two relevant tests: the Stanford-Binet, and life itself. If a country scored low on IQ but at the same time led the world in Cavorite production, or cured cancer, or built spindizzies, we would say “screw Stanford-Binet”, and we would be right to do so. Read More »
The Dallas shooting spree in which five White policemen were murdered by a Black man, Micah Xavier Johnson, comes almost exactly a year after a young White man, Dylann Roof, walked into a church and shot nine Black people. There’s quite a lot of symmetry between the two men’s motivations, Xavier carried out his mass shooting at a Black Lives Matter protest and ended telling the police ” “he was upset about the recent police shootings” and “wanted to kill white people, especially white officers,” Dylann Roof explained his motivation too ”You (Blacks) rape our women and are taking over our country”. So both men attacked ‘The Other’ because as they saw it their own group was under attack, their motivations are, objectively speaking, quite similar. Read More »
I want to run my household one way. My friends Travis and Kyle each want to run their household a different way. For example, I may prefer to wash my dishes immediately after I’ve finished eating, and resent ever seeing a dish left in the sink; Travis might prefer to leave one set of dishes in the sink, and wash them again immediately before each use; and Kyle might like to let the dishes pile up for a week, and then wash them all at once on the weekend when he’s done with work. Read More »
An article has been making the rounds recently about Madonna posting pictures of the giant Kenyan slum of Kibera on her Instagram, in the hopes of tugging on the heartstrings of White people. Read More »
Well goyim, #RealDadcoreHours caused me to be passed out asleep last night while the horror unfolded in Dallas. As I’m sure you’re aware, politically motivated antique farm equipment staged both a protest march AND a sniper attack, followed by a mini looting spree (we shall overcome, muhfugguh!).
Gun control advocates like to spout off numbers to support policies. But by the numbers, it makes more sense to be a racist than a gun control advocate.
Even as a staunch gun enthusiast and opponent of any and all gun regulations, I have to admit it. America has a very serious problem with gun violence. 11,208 of the 16,121 homicides committed in 2013 were committed using firearms, according to the CDC. That is a rather glaring figure which gun control advocates understandably find difficult to ignore. Read More »
‘In the year 2015, 17% of the population, or close to 1.7 million inhabitants, was born abroad. In the year 1900, the share of people born abroad was less than 1%, and in the year 1960 the share had risen to 4%, with inhabitants born in other Nordic countries constituting the vast majority of those born abroad. Inhabitants born in Nordic countries constituted a majority of the population born abroad until the 1980s, but since then the share born outside of Europe has risen dramatically, and they now constitute half of the population born abroad. In the year 2015, 2% of the population were born in another Nordic country, 6% in another part of Europe, and 9% outside of Europe, while 83% were born in Sweden. […] In 2015, the share of people born in Sweden with one parent born abroad had increased to 7%, while 5% of the population was born in Sweden with two parents born abroad. Those with one parent born in another Nordic country are a large group among those with one parent born abroad, while those with parents born in other Nordic countries conversely constituted the smallest group among those with two parents born abroad, in which those born outside of Europe constituted the largest group.’
In plain words, the report shows that the share of the Swedish population possessing a total or partial immigrant background in 2015 was as large as 29% of the population (17% born abroad + 5% born in Sweden with two parents born abroad + 7% born in Sweden with one parent born abroad). In three decades, almost a third of the Swedish population has been replaced by non-Swedes.
‘But, what if we halt immigration?’ many ask, and believe that this would somehow be the magical solution to all our worries. That is not the case. Even if we shut our borders completely, right now, the low birth rate of Swedes in relation to the far higher birth rates of the immigrants would result in Swedes being almost entirely supplanted by non-Swedes within decades.
A humane repatriation programme
A favourite argument of the Left, and even more of the ’conservative‘ liberals, when they oppose criticism of immigration is that it is somehow mystically impossible to do anything about the large numbers of immigrants already within our borders, and that critics of immigration might as well give up and accept multiculturalism and the destruction of their own culture.
I firmly oppose this view and instead propose that the solution is simple: if it was possible to bring the current situation about with political will, it is equally possible to reverse it with political will. A humane, non-violent programme of repatriation could be designed based on the following five points:
- Review asylum rights for recent arrivals. The category of immigrants who could be most easily repatriated are the recent arrivals, who have yet to receive citizenship. Their grounds for asylum should be reviewed, and since the vast majority have insufficient grounds, their residence permits can be withdrawn. Those few who have reasonable grounds for asylum will be granted temporary residence permits, subject to regular review and reassessment. At this time, this group consists of well over 500,000 people.
- Our entire welfare system must be reformed from the ground up, and should be modelled on countries with systems which work better, such as Hungary’s. Through such reforms, one can eliminate most of the pull factors which lure non-European migrants to Sweden, and a significant portion of those already here will find reasons to try their luck elsewhere, since the economic incentives that drew them here to begin with will have been removed.
- Zero tolerance for crime. Immigrants without citizenship will have their residence permits cancelled and hence be deported for any and all types of crime. Immigrants who have received citizenship should have it revoked in cases of serious crimes. Since many immigrants already have dual citizenship, this would seldom be a problem for them.
- Incentive programmes. We will implement a programme which creates positive incentives for those in Sweden who have roots in other countries to return to their homelands, or else to adjacent nations within the same cultural sphere. One such incentive could be a one-off payment – a ’re-establishing subsidy‘ – for those who return while also requiring those who accept it to sign a contract which will require them to never return to Sweden or Europe, following the Danish model. Given the enormous expenses incurred through the process of accepting asylum-seekers, as well as those wrought by the need to support unemployed immigrants for a lifetime, such re-establishing subsidies could be rather generous without any necessary adverse effects on state finances. Considering the catastrophic consequences of immigration on a social level, one could also argue that certain temporary economic hardships would in fact be legitimate investments. Furthermore, a generous reestablishment subsidy would be a good incentive for the countries of origin involved which may be reluctant to accept them to take them back in.
- Bilateral agreements. The four points above should be combined with agreements and settlements concluded with the immigrants’ home countries, as well as the other nations in their vicinity. The chances of reaching such settlements are high. For one thing, to date Swedish foreign aid has largely been issued on the terms demanded by the recipients – a deranged idea that the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA) even has the gall to brag about in public. It is time to shift the focus so that all foreign aid is offered on our own terms, rather than on those of the recipients. Such terms could and should include the demand that countries receiving aid must be willing to receive their own countrymen back when the time is right, given that those who are currently temporarily residing in Sweden are pressuring our welfare system to the breaking point. Paying these subsidies will be far cheaper than keeping these people in Sweden, particularly if one takes into account the social and civic costs which are difficult to measure in financial terms.
Repatriation is not inhumane, impossible, or undesirable. On the contrary, it is humane, possible, and necessary. Furthermore, it is also the natural step to take after the tidal wave of new migrants has been halted. If the post-Brexit European Union has even a slight interest in once more becoming a functioning political entity which is legitimate in the eyes of its citizens, there is no other option: the issue of repatriation must be added to its agenda as soon as possible.
One of the few others in Sweden who has commented on the SCB report is the George Soros associate and erstwhile violent anarchist Tobias Hübinette (known for his multifaceted crime record as well as his outspoken desire too see “the white race perish in blood and suffering”). He finds the report ’horrid’, not because of its conclusions but because it was filed at all. (Possibly also because he feels that the process of replacing the population of Sweden with Third World economic migrants isn’t happening quickly enough.) Solving problems by ignoring and repressing them is a fine Leftist tradition, harking back to the Soviet days, but it will not help with solving the demographic situation in Sweden and Europe. The debate about the debate and discussions about ’racism‘ and ’values‘ must be replaced by concrete political suggestions.
If Europe, or even just the European Union, is to have any future, this childishness must end, and the discussion of a controlled repatriation of most of our ’recent arrivals‘ must begin. Things will only become truly horrid if Swedish and European politicians keep ignoring the obvious facts.
How (((George Soros))) Singlehandedly Created the European Refugee Crisis – And Why Read More »
- The reforms are unlikely to end Germany’s migrant rape epidemic.
- When it comes to immigration, political correctness often overrides the rule of law in Germany, where many migrants who commit sexual crimes are never brought to justice, and those who do stand trial receive lenient sentences from sympathetic judges.
- “Every police officer knows he has to meet a particular political expectation. It is better to keep quiet [about migrant crime] to avoid problems.” — Rainer Wendt, head of the German police union.
- “It is unacceptable that asylum seekers are trampling on our society at the same time that they are here seeking our protection.” — Prosecutor Bastian Blaut.
Swedish Left Party politician Barbro Sörman has suggested that it’s “worse” when Swedish men rape women, than when immigrants do so.
One Month of Islam and Multiculturalism in Sweden: May 2016
- The police released a report noting that Sweden is at the top of the EU’s statistics on physical and sexual violence against women, sexual harassment and stalking. The report stated unequivocally that it is “asylum-seeker boys” and “foreign men” who commit the vast majority of the reported crimes.
- As far as the widespread sexual assaults at public pools are concerned, the police said that in four out of five cases, the perpetrators have been “unaccompanied refugee children”.
- A survey by the National Board of Health and Welfare (Socialstyrelsen) suggested that as many as 38,000 women in Sweden may have been subjected to female genital mutilation (FGM). Yet health care services rarely help women with the complications associated with FGM.
- A Swedish father was told that he and his two children are being thrown out of the house they are renting from the municipality — to make room for an immigrant family.
Scene from Alien Girl (2010).
“Mafia is not a Russian word,” retorted Putin, in a brusque exchange with Italian journalists questioning him on the rule of law in Russia in 2000.
View it as a forceful reframe or a case of aggrieved butthurt as you wish, but he has a point. Despite the comparisons made between them, there are in fact very few intersectionalities between the Sicilian Mafia (Cosa Nostra) and its less well known cousins such as the Calabrian Ndrangheta and the Apulian Sacra Corona, and the amorphous network that has come to be known as the “Russian” mafia, or Bratva (“brotherhood”).
While we have often heard that members of Congress, who are not only exempt from insider trading oversight, are also ardent daytraders we had never seen it in action.
The following publicly filed monthly Periodic Transaction Report by Democrat Congresswoman, Judy Chu, shows us just how pervasive daytrading is not only for algos, but for those who supposedly are paid to serve their constituents. What is interesting is the size of the trades – between $1,000 and $15,000 each, this is not some novice, penny pincher; what is even more interesting are the underlying securities of choice: volatile, and levered, calls and puts on not only the S&P500, but also on some of the most volatile securities out there, such as the VIX.
Here are some examples of the trades in question (the latest full report can be found here):
There are more of these. Much more: some 9 pages worth just for June. The full breakdown is at the bottom of the post (link here).
* * *
While we would be the last to begrudge Ms. Chu her daytrading largesse, whether or not in possession of material, non-public inside info at time of trading – after all, if it is legal, by all means trade on inside information – something did catch our interest.
According to her public profile, the Democrat representing the 27th Congressional District, taught psychology for 20 years in an East LA Community College system, from 1981 to 2001, and reported a pension worth between $100,001 and $250,000 for those years of work. She also draws a smaller pension from serving on the Monterey Park City Council. She became a member of Congress in 2009.
In other words, a community college psychology teacher who daytrades S&P calls and puts in size up to $15,000? Maybe she is merely “piggybacking” on her husband’s net worth? Then again, maybe not. Her husband, former Assemblyman Mike Eng, is a senior partner at an immigration law firm in Los Angeles valued between $250,001 and $500,000.
* * *
And then we look at her net worth, which is where things get interesting, because this career psych professor, currently has an average net worth of $3.5 million, which according to InsideGov makes her the 103rd richest member of the House. Chu’s net worth was 3.2 times more than the average member of Congress and 4 times more than the average representative. When compared to the California Congressional Delegation, Chu had a net worth that was 3.6 times more than the average.
But most interesting is the history of Rep. Judy Chu’s net worth over a short 6 year period, as shown in the chart below.
To summarize: a former East LA psychology professor (with an annual pension) started off her Congressional career with virtually nothing in the bank, and over the next 5 years, built up a net worth of over $3 million. We are curious how: it wasn’t with the modest salary that members of the house collect; it wasn’t from outside activities, it wasn’t from her husband.
Which leaves just one possibility: her phenomenal daytrading skills, which are made even more phenomenal since her trades are exempt from regulatory oversight.
We are curious: why does Ms. Chu waste her amazing trading talent in D.C. when she could be working for Steve Cohen, or better yet, run her own hedge fund, making billions. Because if she can recreate her phenomenal 6 year return with outside capital, we would be the first in line to let her manage our money… assuming of course she can repeat her trading performance when the SEC at least pretend to care.
Judy’s June trading disclosure is below
The welfare state of mind has spiraled out of control in America…
Two recent news stories highlight how pernicious the welfare state has become in America today. Read More »